Puppy Socialisation Class 1
Puppy Socialisation, Class 1
The Club’s Class 1 is based around the Kennel Club Good Citizen Scheme Puppy
Foundation level in this class your dog will learn:
• Socialisation Skills - through contact with other dogs and people.
• How to ‘walk to heel’, ‘sit’ and ‘down’ on command.
• It will learn and set the foundations for ‘stays’ and ‘recalls’.
• The basics of ‘food manners’ training.
You will also learn:
• Aspects of puppy welfare and health.
• The importance of a dog’s Identification Tag and the legal requirements.
• The importance of clearing up after you dog in public places.
All puppies are expected to have a legal means of identification and have a working
microchip - which will be checked.
They are also expected to have completed a course of vaccinations.